new versions and details of modifications, additions, corrections…
The updates only concern the program, and in no case the customizations file of Articho. By updating Articho to a newer version of the software, you keep all your customizations
Version 4.4. Released December 15, 2020
- Improvements of the Capitalization function (style guide)
- Correction of software texts
Version 4.3. Released October 1st, 2020
- Interface improvements.
- Performance Improvements.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Version 4.0. Released, April 25, 2020
- Style guide: 4 new functions accessible via the commands Show all, Miscellaneous, and Composition of numbers: 1. use the typographical quotation marks (French «…» or English “…”). 2. Use the appropriate decimal separator (comma for French and period for English). 3. Use the en dash for dashes. 4. spaces or not between the + – % signs and the associated number.
- Find-Replace Wildcard and Find-Paste – new function: Whole word(s). You can now use the Whole word option for expressions containing several words. This way it is possible to search “a priori” without Articho stopping at “priority”.
This new possibility is also available when adding or modifying style guide rules
- Find-Replace Wildcard – new feature: possibility to limit the search to text out of tables and tables out of text.
- Style guide: the lists of corrections (miscellaneous, case, italic/roman), are now sorted by style guide rules. It keeps possible to sort alphabetically.
- Style guide – non-breaking spaces: from now on, only the space to be converted into non-breaking space is replaced.
- Clean: paragraph breaks after tables are now removed when using the “Delete double returns” option.
- Customization of style guide rules and creation of style guides: when modifying, deleting or adding rules, the data is updated without reloading, which saves a significant amount of time.
- Adding style guide rules: the existence of an identical rule is now checked: the user is prompted to replace the existing rule in order to avoid duplicates.
Version 3.6. Released February 8, 2020
- Customization. Improvements of the personalization functions: when adding a new rule, the update is done without reloading the data file: the time saving is consequent when creating style guides.
- Correction of minor bugs.
Version 3.4. Released November 27, 2019
- Updates. Improved automatic update function.
- Copy editing. The Clean, Style guide and Formatting buttons are now menus that allow you to display only the wanted option (e.g. non-breaking spaces) or to load all options (Show all).
Version 3.2. Released August 20, 2019
- Updates. Users are now notified of the publication of updates of Articho when Word is launched.
- Corrections. Minor bug of version 3.1 fixed.
Version 3.1. Released August 2, 2019
- Addin. Method of loading the Articho tab into the Word ribbon completely revised for faster loading and compatiblity with the latest Word update.
- Languages. The switch between the French and English versions is now instantaneous, without the need to restart Word.
- Personalizations. Password protection of style guides to limit editing of the style guide to authorized users only.
Version 2.0. Released October 15, 2018
- New integration in Microsoft Word as a tab in the ribbon.
- Improved speed of execution.
- Enrichment of style guide rules.
Version 1.6. Released April 25, 2018
- Correct minor bug in index correction function (Toolbox, Correct the index).
- Improved performance of the Style guide module.
- Improved performance of the Find/Replace wildcard tool.
- Removal of Articho window when opening Word.
Version 1.5. Released February 28, 2018
- Express configuration (tools) : new function, Word configuration options saved.
- Style guide: new function, added “Select All” and “Deselect All” functions in the main window.
- Style guide: new function, memorization of default activation options for Style guide controls (Details links).
- Reset display type (Page, Draft…) and display options for invisible/hidden characters after executing a command.
- License : extension of the free trial period until April 30 for versions installed before 1er March 2018 (perform a complete reinstallation of Articho via the installation program, not a simple update).
Version 1.4. Released November 30, 2017
- Interface improvement (ergonomics and graphics).
- Style guide: new function, possibility cancel the last action during the correction.
- Style guide: new function, possibility to update the view during execution.
- Clean: distinction of tables and text outside tables for Clean options.
- Find-replace wildcard (Tools) : added the ability to limit corrections to tables or text.
Version 1.3. Released October 30, 2017
- Style guide: improved performance (speed of execution).
- Articho compatibility with Office 64 bits.
- Adaptation of Articho for Windows 7 Pro without update.
- Adaptation of Articho for Word 2007.
Version 1.2. Released September 2, 2017
- Bug fix.
- Digital signature of Articho and its installation program by DigiCert certification (Code signing).
- Graphical improvements.
- Style guide: improved case correction function.
- Formatting: Support for three simultaneous formats for the function of converting formats into character styles (two in the previous version).
Version 1.1. Released April 20, 2017
- Bug fix.
- Improved display of selections when executing style guide correction. The selected text now appears at the top of the window, allowing immediate detection. The width of the window is also optimized to ensure maximum comfort.
- Add custom data export/import functions.
- Networking with custom data.
- Ability to customize data from the Tools menu, without going through the Style guide window.
- Style guide: new function, possibility to process or not footnotes
- Style guide: new function, possibility to save the document during correction.